Greetings Chamber Members:
The Perryville Area Chamber of Commerce will have 3 openings for the 2019 Board of Directors. We welcome any member or associate member who has a desire to serve on the board to please apply, either with the enclosed application or on line at www.perryvillemo.com; under the Chamber of Commerce tab.
If you are not the owner or President of your business, your supervisor will need to sign a part of your application. Please submit your application on or before September 7, 2018.
A Chamber Member is either (1) the owner, manager or officer of the business who is designated as the representative: or (2) an associate member (an additional paid membership). If you are unsure who your qualifying members are, please contact Jackie at the office.
Serving as a Chamber Board of Director is a rewarding experience. You not only serve the Chamber membership/businesses, but you serve the community, those who live here and those who visit. Please consider applying today. The current Chamber Board of Directors will review all applications and 3 will be chosen to serve. The slate of 3 will be presented at the October Membership meeting.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Jackie Wengert Deanna Kline
Executive Director President
What does it mean to serve on the Perryville Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors?
- Member in Good Standing for at least 1 year (This can be waived)
- Manager, Owner, Officer or paid associate member of Chamber Member’s Firm
- Attendance at the November, December and January Board meetings immediately following the approval of Directors at the Fall Quarterly Membership Meeting in October. These meetings focus on budget needs and planning for the upcoming Chamber year. The Board will also elect officers for the new year: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Attendance at the November one day retreat. (date to be announced)
- Attendance at the Annual Chamber Membership Meeting and Banquet held on the fourth Thursday evening of January. Installation of Directors will be held and you will assume your duties as a Director that evening.
- Attendance at each regular or called Board of Directors Meeting. This involves committing at least 1½ hours for each regular Board meeting. Regular Board Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 12:00 noon at a place announced each month. Called meetings are scheduled only when necessary.
- Attendance at the two Membership Meetings which are scheduled on the 4th Thursday evening of April and the fall meeting on the 4th Tuesday in October.
- Attendance at scheduled Business after Hours, Ribbon Cuttings, Coffee & Connections, Lunch N Learns or other networking events hosted by our Chamber Member businesses.
- Attendance at annual events sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce including Mayfest (2-day event with help needed the week before), Moonlight Madness and Christmas on the Square. We also have the Xsquisite Women’s Conference in March.
- Actively chair or serve on the Chamber committee(s) of your choice.
- Actively participate in Board discussion of issues and solicitation of ideas. Your opinion is important, and you can make a difference!
- Responsibility to recruit at least two (2) new or reactivated members for the organization.
- Assist the Chamber with communications about its programs through your own personal contacts with other community business associates.